Connect Apps to Google
Add Google Sign in to your apps in less than 5 minutes.
To configure Google OAuth client for Authgear, you will need to create an OAuth client on Google Cloud Platform first.
After creating a new project, you will need to configure the OAuth consent screen. Press the
button on the top-left and go to APIs & Services -> OAuth consent screen and follow the instruction to create the consent screen.
- 1.Go to-> APIs & services -> Credentials
- 2.Click Create Credentials -> OAuth client ID
- 3.Choose Web application in Application type and assign a name as reference. You should always choose Web application here regardless of the platform of the app you are creating. It is because this OAuth Client ID is used by your Authgear services, which is a web application in Google’s classification.
https://<YOUR_AUTHGEAR_ENDPOINT>/sso/oauth2/callback/googleto redirect URIs.
- 5.After creating a client ID, you will see the client ID under the OAuth 2.0 Client IDs section of the Credentials page.
OAuth Client ID in the Credentials page
Redirect URI has the form of
aliasis used as the identifier of OAuth provider. You can configure the
aliasin Authgear Portal.
After creating an OAuth client, click the name of OAuth client to view the details.
Get your OAuth Client ID and Secret in the details page
You will need the values of Client ID, Client secret to configure Google Sign In.
- 1.In the portal, go to Authentication > Social / Enterprise Login.
- 2.Enable Sign in with Google.
- 3.Fill in the Client ID and Client Secret with the values obtained from the previous step.
- 4.Save the settings.
🎉Done! You have just added Google Sign In to your apps!
"Sign in with Google" in Log in and Sign up page
Your end-users can connect to their Google account in User Settings page