Passwordless Login for Apple App Store Review
How to pass the Apple Store review process if your app uses passwordless login.
When you try to publish a mobile app on the Apple AppStore, there will be an App Review process. You need provide a demo user account for the reviewers to access the features of the app.
However passwordless login via email/phone OTP cannot be used in the review because the reviewer do not have access to the email inbox or phone number of that demo account.
You can create a demo account with email/phone and password by turning password on temporarily. In the project portal:
- 1.Go to Authentication > Login Methods.
- 2.In Select Login Methods, select Custom.
- 3.In the tabs section below, select the tab Custom Login Methods.
- 4.In Custom Login Methods, activate Password.
- 5.Go to User Management, press Add User in the command bar.
- 6.Create the demo user by entering the email address and password
- 7.Go to where you were in Step 4, deactivate Password.
- 8.Now you can login as the demo user in your app with the email and password.
- 9.Submit your app for review with the credentials.